Recently, when I was trying to login into my Gmail account then I got an error message telling that
Unusual Usage - Account Temporarily Locked DownI did not understand the reason behind the lockdown of my email account (As I knew the fact that I did not violate the rules.) until I navigated to several online forums to get the proper explanation. And the tech. Experts told me the following reasons (You might also find the following reasons on the error page of Gmail account),
Unusual account activity includes, but is not limited to:
- You are Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via IMAP or POP in a short period.
- If you are getting this error, 'Lockdown in Sector 4,' then you may be able to reaccess Gmail after waiting 24 hours.
- You are sending email more than 500 (Daily quota).
- A lot of emails are bounced.
- You are sending large files using any third party extensions.
- If you are leaving multiple instances of Gmail open.
- If you are login to your Gmail account with different IP addresses (By using any VPN). etc.
The above reasons are inclusive. That means there may be a large number of causes that Google may temporarily be locked down your Gmail account.
So, here in this tutorial, I will show you simple tricks to unlock your Gmail account within an hour.
#Trick 1: Clear Cookies
So every time, when you visit a website or log in to your Gmail account, Google keeps some data to your browser to make your browsing experience more flexible. And sometimes, Google locked down your account due to multiple logins in a short period or reasons which I have explained you earlier. So, to reaccess your account, you need to 'clear' your browser's cookies. Steps are given below.
#1.1: How to clear Cookies of your browser?
Chrome:Navigate to settings > privacy > clear browsing data. You will see the below like options. Just select 'Cookies and other site and plug-in data'. And then hit on clear browsing data. That's it.
#Trick 2: Some other tricks
- If you are still unable to unlock your Gmail account, then you need to remove IMAP and POP settings from your email client software from your Android device, Outlook or any other software.
- Meanwhile, You can
- Remove all the extensions of your browser which you are using.
- Logout from your email account from all browsers and Android devices.
- Revoke access to third party apps which are not necessary.
How avoid locked down of your Gmail account?
- You have only 500 email per day quota. So don't send email more than 500.
- Always use Google drive as your file storage drive to send large files over email.
- Do not use VPN or any other proxy to log in your account.
- Do not log in your account with the different computers at the same time.
- Do not use extension which might be the culprit.